Free distance learning courses available from Petroc
Petroc offers a number of free distance learning courses. These courses are designed to fit around your everyday life, whether you’re looking to further your qualifications, develop new skills or just fancy studying in your spare time.
In order to qualify for free courses:
- Are you aged 19 or over?
- Are you ordinarily resident in England and lived in the UK or EU for the past 3 years?
These courses are based around self-tutoring workbooks with end of unit assessments completed online or paper based, all course learning material you can keep for future reference. A tutor will be allocated to you to support you through your studies and give feedback on your unit assessments. All courses are 16 weeks and they recommend that you allow yourself 4 to 6 hours of study time a week.
These courses are subsidised and so there is no cost to you or employer, but if you do not complete the course inside the agreed timescale without a valid reason, you will be charged £100 and not your employer.
These are the courses currently available:
Health and social care related courses
- CERTIFICATE IN UNDERSTANDING THE SAFE HANDLING OF MEDICATION IN ASC LEVEL 2
- CERTIFICATE IN THE CARE & MANAGEMENT OF DIABETES LEVEL 2
- CERTIFICATE IN THE PREVENTION & CONTROL OF INFECTION HCS LEVEL 2
- CERTIFICATE IN UNDERSTANDING DIGNITY & SAFEGUARDING IN ADULT HSC LEVEL 2
- CERTIFICATE IN AWARENESS OF MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS LEVEL 2
- CERTIFICATE IN COMMON HEALTH CARE CONDITIONS LEVEL 2
- CERTIFICATE IN WORKING WITH INDIVIDUALS WITH LEARNING DISABILITIES LEVEL 2
- CERTIFICATE IN THE PRINCIPLES OF DEMENTIA CARE LEVEL 2
- CERTIFICATE IN NUTRITION & HEALTH LEVEL 2
- CERTIFICATE IN PREPARING TO WORK IN ADULT SOCIAL CARE LEVEL 2
- CERTIFICATE IN PRINCIPLES END OF LIFE CARE LEVEL 2
- CERTIFICATE IN UNDERSTANDING AUTISM
- CERTIFICATE IN INTRODUCING CARING OF CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
- CERTIFICATE IN THE PRINCIPLES OF CARE PLANNING LEVEL 2 (new)
Generic business skills
- CERTIFICATE IN EQUALITY & DIVERSITY LEVEL 2
- CERTIFICATE IN PRINCIPLES OF TEAM LEADING
- CERTIFICATE IN PRINCIPLES OF CUSTOMER SERVICE
- CERTIFICATE IN PRINCIPLES OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- CERTIFICATE IN INFORMATION, ADVICE OR GUIDANCE LEVEL 2
If you are interested in any of the above, please contact email@example.com or call Lida or Steve 01271 852354 for further details.